Monday, May 14, 2007

Art festival


I went to Fukui, which is next to Ishikawa, to see an art festival this weekend with my family. It was in a forest so that we were able to see the fresh green trees and hear the birds singing. We felt refreshed while we were there.

Actually one of my English teachers opened his accessories shop there.
He is a silver craftsman too. There were lots of kinds of craft shops and food shops, so we thought it was not easy to find his shop in so many shops.

Anyway we started walking around there and enjoyed shopping.
We found him around one hour later. He displayed his works in a tent.
His wife and tiny baby were there too.
I held the baby in my arms. She stared at me for a few seconds then smiled at me. The smiling face looked like an angel.

My daughter bought a necklace which has her style. It’s really great for her. After we left his shop we kept shopping and came across a good wooden dish.



It cost only 1000 yen. I’m going to use it for cold Soba. I also bought small dishes. We had a great time.

No comments: